Tech Talk: Isovalent Cilium Enterprise and Cilium 1.12: Features and Updates
The latest release of Cilium 1.12 includes the first release of Cilium Service Mesh that offers a choice to our community to deploy service mesh with or without sidecars. This release also includes updates to Cluster Mesh, External Workload Improvements, Security, Networking, Observability, and many more!
Watch the recording now!
Cilium Service Mesh and Isovalent Cilium Enterprise
Join Thomas Graf, Co-Creator of Cilium, CTO and Co-Founder of Isovalent in this video to learn more about the latest and greatest open source and enterprise features of Isovalent Enterprise for Cilium.
The latest updates to Cilium center around these features:
- Service Mesh and Ingress Controller
- Cluster Mesh Improvements
- External Workload Improvements
- And other updates including Tetragon, Hubble, Timescape, etc.
The first release of Cilium Service Mesh also includes these new enterprise features:
- FQDN Proxy HA with improved visibility of DNS traffic
- Timescape improvements (ingestion and query performance improvements, among other features)
- Historic views in Hubble interface showing service map and
- Advanced network observability insights into protocols such as TCP, TLS, and HTTP
Cilium 1.12 – Ingress, Multi-Cluster, Service Mesh, External Workloads, and much more
Cilium 1.12 - Ingress, Multi-Cluster, Service Mesh, External Workloads, ...
Cilium Gateway API
In this short lab, you will learn about Gateway API, a new Kubernetes standard on how to route traffic into a Kubernetes cluster. The Gateway API is the next generation of the Ingress API. Gateway API addresses some the Ingress limitations by providing an extensible, role-based and generic model to configure advanced L7 traffic routing capabilities into a Kubernetes cluster. In this lab, you will learn how you can use the Cilium Gateway API functionality to route HTTP and HTTPS traffic into your Kubernetes-hosted application, including load balancing / traffic splitting and TLS passthrough or termination.