Static Egress Gateway
How to connect existing firewalls with Kubernetes clusters?
Traditional Network Security
- Business applications often require to connect cloud native workloads to legacy environments.
- Legacy environments often secured by firewalls with IP based filters.
- But workloads have changing IPs!
- What to do? Configure firewalls too permissive, or let them become bottleneck?
Cilium Network Security
- Scale your workloads freely without impacting firewall requirements.
- Deploy multiple pods for a HA static egress gateway for sensitive workloads
- Use workload selection based on Kubernetes pod labels and namespaces.
- Migrate applications to different platforms while remaining with on-premises infrastructure.
- Natively integrate with your cloud provider VPC or your on-premise BGP.
Manage and secure access in your clusters
- Bridge the gap between cloud and traditional teams and departments
- Enable seamless cooperation between teams
- Increase security posture by configuring traditional firewalls with least-privilege principles
- Decouple your cloud native CI/CD pipeline from change requests required to change firewall infrastructure
- Increase application deployment speed
Egress Gateway Demo
Integrating Kubernetes clusters in a legacy networking environment can be a challenge, especially when legacy firewalls are involved. Join us to learn how Isovalent Cilium Enterprise allows you to define highly-available groups of egress nodes and IP addresses, making it possible to fit Kubernetes egress traffic pretty much to any security policy that may be in place in your infrastructure.
A Cilium Tech Talk presented by Senior Solutions Architect Raphaël Pinson
Want to learn more?
There is plenty more material available if you'd like to learn more.