Using eBPF to answer the Service Mesh challenge
Tracing without sidecars
Traditional Network Observability
- Tracing is essential for cloud native app operations
- Current approaches involve running sidecar proxies in each workload or pod.
- This has massive impact on latency, cost of operation and architectural complexity.
Cilium Network Observability
- Native eBPF-based HTTP, DNS, & TLS visibility, enabling L7 tracing
- High performance, in-Kernel eBPF protocol parsers
- No need to inject proxies and introduce corresponding added latency
- Visibility exported in Hubble, OpenTelemetry or in SIEM compatible formats
- Preserve low latency, keep the cost of observability low
Tracing without the added overhead
- 4x better latency than sidecar-based solutions.
- More efficient resources utilization.
- Less complex architecture, critically simplifying operations and maintenance.
- Support for non-TCP protocols like UDP.
The Inside Track on Sidecarless Service Mesh
Get the latest on the sidecarless Cilium Service Mesh from Liz Rice and Thomas Graf !
Want to learn more?
There is plenty more material available if you'd like to learn more.
Start a Lab
Step through our interactive labs in a sandbox environment.Start a Lab
Engage with the Isovalent sales team to assess an enterprise-grade deployment of Cilium.Contact Sales
Request a Demo
Request a personalized live demo with an Isovalent Cilium Enterprise expert.Request a Demo