Using eBPF to answer the Service Mesh challenge
Tracing without sidecars
Traditional Network Observability
- Tracing is essential for cloud native app operations
- Current approaches involve running sidecar proxies in each workload or pod.
- This has massive impact on latency, cost of operation and architectural complexity.
Cilium Network Observability
- Native eBPF-based HTTP, DNS, & TLS visibility, enabling L7 tracing
- High performance, in-Kernel eBPF protocol parsers
- No need to inject proxies and introduce corresponding added latency
- Visibility exported in Hubble, OpenTelemetry or in SIEM compatible formats
- Preserve low latency, keep the cost of observability low
The Inside Track on Sidecarless Service Mesh
Get the latest on the sidecarless Cilium Service Mesh from Liz Rice and Thomas Graf !
Want to learn more?
There is plenty more material available if you'd like to learn more.