Tech Talk: Isovalent Cilium Enterprise and Cilium 1.12: Features and Updates
The latest release of Cilium 1.12 includes the first release of Cilium Service Mesh that offers a choice to our community to deploy service mesh with or without sidecars. This release also includes updates to Cluster Mesh, External Workload Improvements, Security, Networking, Observability, and many more!
Cilium Service Mesh and Isovalent Cilium Enterprise
Join Thomas Graf, Co-Creator of Cilium, CTO and Co-Founder of Isovalent to learn more about the latest and greatest open source and enterprise features of Isovalent Cilium Enterprise.
The latest updates to Cilium center around these features:
- Service Mesh and Ingress Controller
- Cluster Mesh Improvements
- External Workload Improvements
- And other updates including Tetragon, Hubble, Timescape, etc.
The first release of Cilium Service Mesh also includes these new enterprise features:
- FQDN Proxy HA with improved visibility of DNS traffic
- Timescape improvements (ingestion and query performance improvements, among other features)
- Historic views in Hubble interface showing service map and
- Advanced network observability insights into protocols such as TCP, TLS, and HTTP