Technical Marketing Engineer, Observability
Mountain View, Zurich or Remote
Isovalent is the company founded by the creators of Cilium and eBPF. Isovalent builds open-source software and enterprise solutions solving networking, security, and observability needs for modern cloud native infrastructure.
The flagship technology, Cilium, is the choice of leading global organizations, including Adobe, AWS, Capital One, Datadog, Google, and many more. Isovalent is backed by Andreessen Horowitz, Google, Microsoft, Grafana and Cisco Investments.
We’re looking for someone to complement our strong team: someone who is passionate about observability and who wants to empower the cloud native community.
In this role, you will support the go-to-market efforts of our enterprise offering, Isovalent Cilium Enterprise. You will drive the creation and delivery of technical content addressed to application owners and platform operators who are focusing on observability tasks. You will work closely with product marketing, pre-sales and engineering teams.
You are a good fit for the role if you have an observability background, know your way around with Grafana, Prometheus, application and platform monitoring, golden signals, and are familiar with cloud native software. If you enjoy educating and influencing audiences about innovative technologies and like to address our audience’s observability use cases, you will feel right at home.
- Bring your domain knowledge and technical expertise in observability, and build engaging technical content that helps our sales teams, partners, customers, and the community to learn the value and benefits of Cilium and eBPF for observability use cases in the cloud native context.
- Become proficient in Isovalent Cilium Enterprise observability use cases and teach others the corresponding technical capabilities and values.
- Create blog posts, practical guides, product demos, case studies, white papers, presentations, video, etc. advocating and educating application owners, Kubernetes platform ops and other related personas.
- Develop new demos, research new use cases and define reference architectures, in collaboration with the engineering, the customer success team, and selected partners.
- Support product launches and marketing activities alongside the product marketing team.
- Evaluate competitive products and support our competitive positioning development.
- … either have 3+ years of experience in technical writing, technical marketing OR 3+ years of experience in a customer-facing role like sales engineer or solution architect.
- … be experienced with cloud native observability and be proficient in at least one of the following areas: Grafana, golden signals for Kubernetes, application monitoring, platform monitoring
- …be experienced in writing highly impactful technical content such as blog posts, presentations, documentation, training materials, case studies, white papers, etc.
- … be able to adapt the product storytelling into creating and delivering technology demos.
- … have good knowledge of Linux. Prior knowledge of Kubernetes is a huge plus
- .… have experience with cloud platforms (e.g., AWS, GCP, Microsoft Azure).