Technical Community Advocate
Mountain View, Zurich or Remote
We are looking for a Technical Community Advocate with a passion for cloud native software to work closely with our community, marketing and engineering teams to drive the impact of the open source projects we work with and contribute to. You'll fit right in if you enjoy educating and influencing audiences about new game-changing technologies and their benefits.
Build engaging content that helps the community understand the value and benefits of Cilium, eBPF, and the cloud native technology stack
Create blog posts, practical guides, project demos, presentations, video chalk talks, etc. to advocate and educate Kubernetes platform, InfoSec, and SecOps teams
Present and participate in video streams, podcasts, conferences, meetups and other events
Contribute to or organize community initiatives related to Cilium, eBPF or related cloud native technologies
Isovalent is the company founded by the creators of Cilium and eBPF. Isovalent builds open-source software and enterprise solutions solving networking, security, and observability needs for modern cloud native infrastructure. The flagship technology, Cilium, is the choice of leading global organizations, including Adobe, AWS, Capital One, Datadog, GitLab, Google, and many more. Isovalent is headquartered in Mountain View, CA and is backed by Andreessen Horowitz, Google, and Cisco Investments.
- 5+ years of experience in software development, developer / community advocacy or technical product management
- Track record of creating highly impactful content such as blog posts, conference presentations, documentation or other involvement in cloud native communities. You'll likely have built up a significant following for this content.
- Comfortable creating and presenting content in a variety of formats
- Experience with cloud platforms (e.g., AWS, GCP, Microsoft Azure) and cloud native technologies
- Familiarity with networking, security, and DevOps methodologies